Gift this class
Travel and Street Photography Course Melbourne
Learn how to use your digital camera on our travel photography courses in Melbourne. Learn how to use your digital camera in manual mode! You'll learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and controlling the light. We’ve spent countless hours on the streets of Melbourne discovering secret laneways, rooftops and ever changing street art. You’ll be taken to some of coolest “off the beaten track” photographic hot spots in town. Travel photography is all about learning how to use your camera with a minimal amount of gear, being discreet, thinking quickly, finding interesting subjects, capturing the moment and documenting your environment.. Aimed at beginners, travellers and explorers, our professional photography mentors will help you improve your photography skills instantly! The true value of this photography course comes from the immediate feedback you will receive from your photography mentor about your own photographs. When you have an expert right by your side you can learn without frustration!
Have you ever wondered why your photographs appear too dark or too bright in automatic mode? This is because your camera is “metering” the light without understanding what YOU want to do with the photograph. It makes a mathematic calculation and acts on that. On our photography courses in Melbourne you’ll learn about finding the best light and how to control it so you can see how it changes the look of your images. No more blurry photographs or missing that gorgeous sunset. More importantly, you’ll learn how to use your digital camera in manual mode. Over time we’ve refined our manual mode teaching philosophy again and again. In fact its simplicity is something we’re quite proud of. You’ll learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and controlling the light with your camera. Our photography courses in Melbourne are constantly evolving as we discover new hidden photographic hot spots in Melbourne, join us and capture your own unique photographs!
- Learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO and controlling the light with your camera.
- Learn the fundamentals of travel photography on the streets of Melbourne.
- Visit secret laneways, rooftops and ever changing street art.
- Two (2) hours of photography mentorship from a professional photographer,
- Create a series of your own photographs to show your friends, family and colleagues.
- The skills to use your camera confidently in manual mode.
Meet me at the corner of Rodda Lane and La Trobe St, Melbourne.
- One camera, one lens (minimum) no tripod required, that’s it! You’ll learn the most if your camera shoots in manual mode.
- These days every DSLR and 99% of point and shoot cameras will have manual mode, don’t sweat it!
Comfortable walking shoes, warm clothes if it’s going to be cold.
All ages! If you’re under 18 please bring a parent or guardian.